Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chapter Five

It hadn't occurred to Arnav much in the beginning about him, but as the days passed and he and Khushi got closer, he kept coming back to his mind. Sometimes it drove him nuts, and sometimes it just made him sit and wonder.

Before any of them realized, it had been about six months since the two had begun to hang out. Arnav had invited her to parties that AR held and to ones he was even invited to. Khushi would feel awkward since she wasn't really anyone big who belonged there, but with Arnav always being by her side, she had no problem.

Although one problem was the fact that on the internet, magazines, and newspapers, people kept gossiping about who the "special girl" was. At first people went hype when they found out she was blind. People made harsh comments and Khushi had even stopped keeping contact with Arnav, not wanting to ruin his image. But after hearing Arnav defend her in an interview, it touched her heart on how much he cared for her. She slowly let him back into her life and now, after six months, she was happy to have such a special friend.

School had ended and Khushi was in her office. She had waited a bit in the classroom, but Arnav hadn't arrived, so she decided to go to her office. It had been ten minutes, but Arnav hadn't arrived yet. More time passed, at least, for Khushi it felt like months, when Lavanya came in.

"Hey Khush-"

"Lavanya, what time is it?"

"Time?" She looked at her phone. "3:20."

Khushi sighed and leaned back in her seat. "Arnav still isn't here yet," she whined.

Lavanya couldn't help but crack a sly smile. She went over to her desk and sat down on it. "Hmm, I see we're missing Arnav."

"Not exactly. But he's supposed to be here!"

"Supposed to?"

"Yeah, supposed to."

"Why?"

"Today's a special day!"

"Special day? For what?"

"Ugh! La, really?"

Lavanya's eyes widened. "When was the last time you called me La like that? Anyways,  I'm serious."

Khushi sighed. "It's been six months since Arnav and I have met."

Lavanya squinted her eyes. "So?" She wondered if Khushi was getting feelings for him.

"So?! I met one of my best friends six months ago! You're my first and he's my second!"

"So? Big deal! Six month friendship, dope," she said sarcastically. "And yeah, aren't I the best?"

Khushi frowned. "He's not just my best friend, La. He's… he's…."

"He's what?"

"He's… he's special."

"Special?"

"Yeah, special."

"Special as in…?"

"Special as in… special."

Lavanya was about to open her mouth, when Arnav came in.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late," Arnav apologized as he came in, sitting down across Khushi.

"Sorry? Sorry?! Arnav! You're late," Khushi exclaimed.

"I know. It's only because I was in a big meeting-"

"I don't care about your stupid meetings! Especially today!"

"Geez! What's so big about today-"

"WHAT'S SO BIG ABOUT TODAY?!"

"Uh-"

"It's been frigging six months since we've met!!!"

"Oh… okay…?"

Khushi pouted and stood up and turned away. Arnav knew she was impossible and he found it really cute the way she was acting. He got up and went over to her to pacify her, while Lavanya watched them.

They're like a couple, she said in her head. They have cute moments, but they also have silly arguments. … I knew I was right in bringing these two together. The way Khushi was saying he's "special" makes me wonder if she's getting feelings for him too. She has to! I mean the things Arnav did back on college… she just has to.

She looked up and silently prayed. Please let them be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment