Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chapter Seven

What... the...? "He's dead," Arnav managed to finally speak.

"Yeah," she nearly whispered.

"What happened?"

Khushi faced the ocean. "It was one of the worst nights of my life."

Arnav really couldn't help but want to know.

"I got into a fight," she said lowly, "with this guy..."

Arnav looked down.

"... and I later met up with Dhruv." She took a deep breath. "We were in his car and we were driving and I was telling him about the argument and..."

"And?"

"Well, the guy was telling me how Dhruv was fake and never gave me any of the things I mentioned earlier. I told Dhruv that and..." she sighed, "... and Dhruv admitted he was right."

Arnav looked at her wide eyed. "What?"

"Yeah. He admitted he never did any of it, and that got me mad. We yelled and argued - me mad that he played me over, but the he admitted how he really does love me. Truth be told, I loved him too and when he was waiting for my answer, he was looking at me and..."

"And?"

"And we got hit by a truck..."

Arnav was in shock. He didn't really think or care about Dhruv, but he kept imagining the situation with Khushi.

"I got injured, since it hit from his side... and he didn't make it," she whispered, tears in her eyes.

Arnav felt bad and hugged her. Khushi cried into his chest, holding onto his waistcoat.

"I'm sorry Khushi."

Khushi sniffled and let go. "Not your fault..."

But it is, he thought.


"... but I will never forget him."

"I can understand you'll never forget Dhruv-"

"No, not him."

"Then?"

"The other guy," she sniffled.

Arnav stayed still. "He can't be that bad?"

"Are you kidding me? Arnav, he was a creep! A weirdo! I don't even remember his name! Then again, I only talked to him once in my life, that night that is."

Arnav looked away.

"Arnav, seriously. How would you feel of a guy who never had any friends? He was a loner. Not to mention a geek."

Arnav shut his eyes.

"He was a nerd, going class to class, always getting the highest scores in everything. Heck, he was even valedictorian! He had a full 4.0 GPA! Even higher! The kid was genius, that;s for sure. Of course, if you have no friends and are always trapped inside, what would you expect?"

Arnav opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Plus, the weirdest thing about him is the fact that no one, and I mean no one, knew his last name. No one. No one knew his name, or ever even met his parents. We didn't even think he had, but he did. Once I overheard him talking to his dad as I passed the headmasters office."

Arnav said nothing.

Khushi sighed. "Enough of that weirdo. He's probably out there, being a geeky professor or something. Who cares!"

Arnav looked at his hands. If you only knew.

7 comments:

  1. If only Khushi knew
    she was talking to that geek right

    although he wasn't a geek anymore, he was the gorgeous
    Arnav Singh Raizada, who loved Khushi more than anything
    in the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous part..Loved it

    If only Khsuhi know that that geek is none other her new best frnd Arnav...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only she knew, the same guy who spoke to her that day is the guy she's crying onto his shoulder on today!!

    If only she knew, it wad this guy who gave her all those lovely things which she mistook it for Dhruv!!

    If only she knew, even though he was geek, he had eyes only for her and loved her with all his life which she failed to recognize!!

    But if she comes to know the truth now, how will she react? Split or a better understanding!??


    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. my god .....nature play cruel games with us mortals

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome ff... very interesting one
    so arnav was in love with khushi since college days and khushi didn't know about it.. poor arnav but why did he hate her.. If he knows that khushi already has bf...
    poor khushi.. she is blind now... god and destiny always played games with lives... omg.. khushi told about arnav to arnav.. didn't khushi even knows his name
    lavanya is such a good friend...
    continue soon

    jas0308 -IF

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really think khuhsi know whom she is talking to.i mean may be she want arnav to confess the truth so she is testing his patience.i hope khushi loves arnav

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you continue this story soon.

    Waiting for Khushi to know the geek dw was talking about the great business man Arnav himself who is listening to her.

    ReplyDelete